Disclaimer
'Xinnn--green.blogspot.com' is my intellectual property. It belongs to me, and you do not have exclusive right to make any copies of my work. Copyright will only cease 70years after my death. However, if you wish to reproduce my work, please seek my permission first, and then credit me. Thank you for your kind understanding and enjoy reading :)

Saturday, November 13, 2010
World Kindness Day
I played my little part in the World Kindness Movement.



The slogan for the campaign was to give the daisy away to make someone else's day, I was not aware of it until the end of the day when I stumbled upon the Facebook event!

Beautiful Yellow Daisy Gerbera (s)

Okay so here's what happened:
I was on the way to meet Charissa for tea when I saw a long line at the Singapore Kindness Movement booth at Toa Payoh Bus Interchange. Out of curiosity I went nearer, but before you accuse me of being kiasi, I walked past it partially because I needed to use the lavatory too!

Volunteers were giving out yellow gerbera daisies, and I decided to join the queue to get two for Chari and I. After receiving my flowers and doing my business, I headed over to Ion Orchard to meet the lady. She was waiting for me already. I passed her one stalk and kept the other for myself.

While we were walking around in Ion, we were stopped by a Caucasian who inquired about the flowers. Apparently we weren't the only ones seen carrying it. I offered him my stalk but he declined it. After explaining the reason, he gladly accepted my flower. It was my tiny gesture of kindness to this man and I am sure he was happy to be blessed by me. I, as the giver, also experienced exuberant joy for giving away a small part of my happiness!

Chari asked me why I gave him my only flower, I couldn't give her a concrete answer but that I would have made that man's day. Stranger or not, I am sure he was touched and I am praying he'll pass on the kindness to someone else too (doesn't have to be giving the flower away).

So people, I hope my short story inspired some to pay it forward. You don't have to receive first to give love. There is joy in giving abundantly and I can testify to that.
-

Well, of course there were some ugly behavior I found intolerable. A number of older folk & housewives were misusing the kindness act by queuing up over and over again to get many more daisies. I found that hugely unethical and pretty disgusting, that I will really label kiasu! Seriously, the more daisies you take, the more you're depriving someone else more needy! Afterall the many daisies you've collected will just end up in your flower pot and will rot someday soon, why not let the daisies please a far wider range of people? One is definitely enough happiness/kindness for you!

Aiya, this sort of intrinsic feeling cannot be measured nor put in words, some of you will disagree with me, but those words were spoken from my p.o.v.

Nonetheless, stay cheery everyone! A cheerful heart is good medicine! :) God bless!
10:03:00 PM